Thursday 29 December 2016

How to develop new habits in your life and business_by_Uzoma_Oranebo

Very soon it will be 2017. Very often when a new year starts you hear many people talking about NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS, “ New year, new fashion ” etc. What does this mean?  It simply means most people know that for them to have some type of results, they need to adopt some new habits.

What often happens is that after a few days doing the action they will like to see as a new habit, they often give up and slowly become the old person with the same old habits while waiting for the next new year to take new year resolutions again.  At times even the ones who even wrote down their new resolution find themselves swimming back in their old habits.



My guess is that most of the time when you are out to create a new habit, it’s to replace an old habit or to change a bad result you’re looking to improve.
The good and bad news is this – habits are hard to break!

Bad habits often feel impossible to change.  Good habits are equally ingrained in our routine.

So this morning I want to share 7 tips with you that will help as you create new habits in your life and business.


Tip 1 – Have A “Why”

If you want to create a new habit, you probably have a good reason you want to start the habit.  Dive deep into why you want to invest your time, energy, emotions and future into creating a new habit.  Take time to write out your why and the benefits behind the habit

Tip 2 – Know The Pain

Just as you have a why and know the benefits of creating your new habit, you also want to know the pain of not creating the habit.  What are the consequences of not implementing your new habit?  What stays the same?  What gets worse?

Tip 3 – Commit To A Month

You constantly hear that it takes 21 days to create a habit.  For me, base on my experience I will like to propose 30 days. Yes you got me right 30 days non stop. I don’t want to take chances with 21 days. There is no magic attached to this, but after doing any activity consistently for this number of times, it becomes second nature to you.

Tip 4 – Find Accountability

Many people shy away from accountability. I made a “call to accountability” to my team a short while ago and I saw firsthand how even people who seem motivated don’t want an accountability structure.

Most people are like, I am the boss why should I be accountable to anyone. OK you are on your own!  “Why is my up-line asking me these too many questions?”, “Is he my boss?”, “He makes me feel as if I am not working”

Don’t get angry if you have an up line who coaches you with a questioning approach. What he is doing is trying to make you accountable. In fact, you should be happy that you have someone that is trying to help you to be accountable. Some of us have not had the privilege of having someone holding us accountable. Research have shown that only 5% of the population have the ability to be auto accountable without a formal accountability structure around them.

Be honest with yourself, if you didn’t need accountability you wouldn’t be in the position of needing to create a new habit.  If your “why” is big enough and the “pain” is deep enough, it’s worth getting accountability to ensure your success.
Setting up an accountability structure is another topic for another day

Tip 5 – Track Your Progress

A tracking system can be as basic as using your diary to record and cross check progress or more complicated as using apps on your smart phone to check your progress on the habit you are working on to become a habit

Tip 6 – Go All In

Removing all of the space for excuses is huge. Make a decision and go all in and decide that nothing will get in your way.  No excuse is worth preventing your success.
Give yourself every opportunity to succeed in creating your new habit.




Tip 7 – Celebrate Your Activity

“You can’t change your results, you can only change your habits.”.  So instead of being discouraged by your results, look at your new habit and realize you are creating new results.

I love the way Randy Gage puts it  “I have faith that my daily habits will either lead to success or lead me to failure – and I choose to do the daily habits that lead me to success.”

When you know you are building and creating habits that will lead you to success, celebrate them!  Have confidence that what you’re doing is building your future, creating a change and making you successful!

I am committed to your rapid financial growth

I'm ORANEBO Uzoma (a.k.a. bossuhzi)
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE STRATEGISTS/LIFE COACH
+2348136277395

Do not forget to subscribe to our page via email, and share this message to your friends via Facebook; Twitter; Google plus; Podcast; Bluetooth; and also like our facebook page@ www.facebook.com/lifechanginginspiration.

1 comment:

  1. You’ve an interesting blog, I'm a life coach blogger. Reading blogs is my hobby, randomly found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. And congrats, your blog has been featured in my blog. You can see your blog at the bottom of my blog, under, “Chosen Top Blogs” column. Keep up the good work and looking forward to build long term blogging relationship with you. Let us keep in touch google plus +sridhar chandrasekaran, twitter, @lifecoachbloger . Sridhar Chandrasekaran, Life Coach Blogger

    ReplyDelete